Bachelor- and Master-Thesis Topics, Guided Research Topics, Topics for Master Lab Courses Games Engineering
- Modern text translation systems for simplified language (Miriam Anschütz)
- Quantum NLP for Social Computing (Fabienne Marco)
- Relations between Compositionality, Bias, and Semantics of Embeddings (Carolin Schuster)
- Toxic Language-, Bias-, and Fake News Detection (Daryna Dementieva)
- NLP-Based Food Recommender Systems (Monika Wintergerst)
- Explainable AI for NLP-ML-Systems with Societal Relevance (Edoardo Mosca)
- Social Context for Group Recommender Systems/Mobile Co-Activity Detection (Safey Halim)
- Ethical AI for for NLP-ML-Systems with Societal Relevance (Tobias Eder)
- Auto-Summarization Methods in Social Media Analysis (Ahmed Mosharafa)
- Integrating Symbolic Knowledge in Dialogue Systems (Yan Pan)
- Emotional Aspects of Multi-User Online Discussions (Jeremias Bohn)
- Human-computer interaction topics around interactive public displays (with Prof. Michael Koch, Uni BW, München)
- If you seek to form a team of 3 or 4 for the games-specific master lab course and aim for a topic relating games and social computing: contact Georg directly!
- If you seek a "formal superviser" or a true collaboration for an external thesis (e.g. with a company) or a thesis idea of your own, you have to contact and convince one of the PhD students that has a research topic close to what you want to do.
- We collaborate with other research groups (e.g. from LMU computer linguistics, TUM architecture, or LMU media psychology). If you are interested in doing projects with them, contact Georg directly!
These topics are rather general. Concrete topics might deviate from those according to your interests and requirements and our research interests. You may contact any of the PhD students or Georg via email and inquire for a thesis or guided research topic or a group topic for the master lab course games engineering directly. We will then arrange a face to face or BBB appointment to initiate the process of discussing possible topics. It is beneficial if you could send us a current transcript of record and a CV in advance in order to make it easier for us to decide which topics might best suit you.